Translate

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Existential


Why spread the fire?
I know 
You are always there at my defense 
I use to question why 
The pain was always shadowed in such a way...
I could close my eyes
And you'd still be there... 

To feel anything
Just a fantasy...

Why spread the fire?
I know 
How things are and how things should be... 

5 years is a long time 
And there's no way not to dwell past it.

Of course I knew the answer 
The only way I could express 
If anyone is truly out there
To hear me out...

They'd know how bad I really need this...

Couldn't call a friend. 

But, no worse for the ware... 
Light up a cigarette 
A fire in my soul
Still the glass half empty 
A my heart in the cold. 

Learn to accept it...

Learn to live without 

Without...

Without... 

The pain was always obscured in such a way...
I could close my eyes
And you'd still be there ...

To feel anything
Just a memory from earth, on top of the clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment